Eligibility for the Australian passport
To qualify for a passport that is australian you have to provide initial papers ( perhaps perhaps not copies or extracts) that prove your Australian citizenship and identity.
Eligibility to restore a passport that is australian
It is possible to restore your passport if you’re an Australian citizen aged 18 years or older, and you will provide your newest Australian passport that:
- ended up being given once you had been 16 years old or older, and
- ended up being legitimate for at the very least 2 yrs whenever released, and
- ended up being granted in your name that is current of delivery, host to delivery and intercourse, and
- is expired or current lower than 36 months ago.
You must present the following documents with your completed passport application as primary evidence of citizenship if you are not eligible to renew:
- your complete birth that is australian granted by the Australian state or territory Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages plus, if perhaps you were created on or after 20 August 1986, extra documents to ensure your citizenship
- your Australian citizenship certification given because of the Commonwealth of Australia (or papers through the register of citizenship by descent/Australian births/adoptions offshore). Some citizenship papers usually do not specify intercourse and put of delivery; in these instances, you need to provide extra papers that record these details, ideally your initial complete birth certification or even a international passport. International papers which are not written in English needs to be followed by a interpretation from a translation service that is approved. [Read more…] about Papers that verify your citizenship that is australian and